“But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds in the sky,
and they will tell you; or speak to the earth, and it will teach you, or let the fish in the sea inform you.
Which of all these does not know that the hand of the LORD has done this?
In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind.”
– Job 12:7-10
I emphasize the power of your uplifted, purposeful, resilient state being everything — and my obsession with guiding you to sustain it. As a speaker, designer and performing artist, my busy life and mind shifted during motherhood and the call to home education. Deep surrender led to discovery, unveiling a riveting gift.
As my children and I embarked on our version of home, world, or wild school – nature’s wonders unearthed beyond my previous experiences in any kind of classroom.
The outdoors had always been a side fascination to me. And as the owner of a health and wellness lifestyle brand and former Barre and Pilates studio – natural health and living was rooted deep within me.
However as I reconnected with nature in the wild, I found the perfect happy place synergy of filling up well; educating my children well; and serving my clients and community well.
This is your invitation, along with your children, to join us as we uncover the uplifting, purposeful, and resilient wonders of our forests, creeks, and mountains.
Welcome to a Charlotte Mason inspired approach to an immersive Nature Forest School adventure.
Our forest cycle is designed to nurture your child’s (and your) natural design to learn in nature; feast on the curious wonders; grow in health and emotional intelligence; and inspire a deep appreciation and lifelong stewardship of the great outdoors.
“Perhaps the most important reason to develop the habit of studying nature is to cultivate wonder and learn more about God…”–Joy Cherrick.
From improved cognitive abilities, reduced stress, genuine social and character development; with enhanced creativity and resourcefulness – Research shows that nature-based education provides an abundance of rewarding results.
With just the canvas of the lush, verdant forest emitting phytoncides; along with the rushing whispering creek – Your child will thrive in the intuitively rejuvenating, yet calming outdoor setting. Watch him/her grow in confidence, compassion, and resilience, with a boosted immune system to boot!
“Let them once get in touch with nature and a habit is formed which will be a source of delight and habit through life.”
– Charlotte Mason
• Students of multiple ages meet once weekly for an 8-week cycle of guided explorations with parent involvement.
• Amidst free play, hymns, poetry-tea time, world culture investigations, folk songs and games – Observations and reflections with captivating living books will foster deep thinking and rich curiosity.
• Students will hike, learn to build shelters, work on survival skills, risk-taking, and solve immediate problems with nature’s resources.
• Students will also be invited to create forest arts and crafts; identify local plants, and track wild life.
As they engage, parents will discover that much of this will serve in academic subject areas such as STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics), geography and language arts.
It’s efficient to have most of these non-consumable items packed and always ready to go in your vehicle as a type of “adventure kit”.
• Comfortable light clothes that can get dirty
• Water shoes/well fitted shoes that can get wet & dry quickly
• A change of clothes (can be kept in the car)
• Light picnic mat, blanket or handkerchief
• Lunch (if attending a morning session)
• Tea (if desired) and snacks like nuts, dried and/or fresh fruit etc
• Easy to carry reusable water bottle
• Nature journal and drawing/writing materials
• Well fitted backpack
• Small hand sanitizer;
• Small natural bug bite spray/protection
• Basic first aid kit (can be kept in the car)
• Sun hat, light sweater with long sleeves
• Ponchos/Rain Coats for rainy weather
• Rain boots, jacket, beanie and gloves for colder seasons
2023 by ‘Dami: Tribal Marks, Passion Barre & Karingah